Monday 6 September 2010

First day again.

Today we had our first day of real university...

Lots of thoughts in my mind as everyday, so many emotions. Today I particularly felt scared... I couldn't believe it, but at the moment of working with people from here, I felt scared... In the morning, I saw all the people from this year... Just in my course in my college, there's more than 400 students. Our orientation course, for international students, had finished. Each one of us went to our respective college. Some of the people I met at the course went to Camberwell as well, but they separated us in 12 groups. Our classes go from 10:00am to 4:30pm. If there's a day with lecture (I think it's once every two weeks) then it's until 5:30pm. One hour lunch. Wednesdays and Fridays usually free, though I think there's something like cinema on Fridays they put in the college for us to see, and sometimes museums that they want us to go and things like that... Wednesdays we can attend the college to go to the studios and workshops to continue with our projects.

The morning class from today was... slow jajaj. Introduction, of course, and some interesting videos about music, but english is a real problem for us international students. Let me tell you, this week we have the project of making instruments with cardboards, rubber bands, bottles, and so on... They put us in groups of 5 people, but in that moment, when we didn't know anybody and we had to talk to our british classmates, I think we became frightened... That was why we had orientation, I thought... in lunch time, I was so relieved to see my classmates of orientation, the people I knew and the fright and loneliness I felt were somewhat calmed down.

At the end of the day, I bought a new sketchbook, went walking to my residence, and bought milk in the superstore next to it.

Jaja, my last thought for today... I don't like 3D projects! But I'll try to make a nice instrument with the few materials I have.