Friday 8 October 2010

Between shelfs

Today I went to the school library almost all day, making research for my essay. It is like shopping for me. It took me all day to decide which books I was going to use jaja, and spent lots of time looking at some other topics I was interested, having my inner voice constantly reminding me what I was actually supposed to be doing.

I would like to write a reflection I had at one moment. Sometimes I feel preoccupied by the outcome of the projects, by the results, goals, points, sometimes even afraid. My mind tends to ask a "why" for almost everything. It's not unusual for me to overthink things, trying to find a reason or something. I love mathematics, where you know why you got the result right or wrong. There's many ways to get the answer, but the answer is one most of the time. Art is different, sometimes you don't know the reason, you go through the unknown and are not really sure about what you'll find at the end. You won't know if it will be alright or not. The paths are so many, you just can't have the control of what will happen, the security. Maybe in that sense art is more difficult than mathematics. There's always uncertain things, you need to keep experimenting and learn from the mistakes, from the success points. You WILL be wrong, and countless times. And there won't be an answer because there's an infinite of possibilities, because it's subjective, and in fact, there's no right or wrong.

But that exactly is what I love about art.