Thursday 2 September 2010

Aug 31st

I’m sorry for the long time with lack of updates. There have been works, sleep, no internet (mainly), visa issues, and so on. Today is August 31st, and even though I don’t have internet, I felt like writing..

We already finished the orientation course, so we have one week free. Everyone feels the pressure of the visas, though. We have to extend them and it’s very complicated to do so. I just sent my papers today, and feel really tired.. physically and emotionally. There are still some things to do, but not as hard.

Last saturday the person I love the most came for a day... one day, yet it was one of the most beautiful days... we spent friday night just talking about different things, so the next day we woke up late but we had a delicious breakfast with eggs, sausages and british tea with milk. It was the first time I tasted the tea, and it was really good. We then went on a tour bus around the city and went to Notting Hill (like the movie jaja). At night we saw Billy Elliot, the musical. It was beautiful and stunning. Watching it I wondered about how we sometimes put a lot of work preparing something. Weeks, months, years, and then, when we finish, it’s just amazing how all that effort can make other people get some kind of beautiful feeling, even if just for moments... I am not sure how to explain it....